3 Life Path: The Communicator
If you’re only going to know one number in your entire Numerology Chart, I’d recommend that you know your Life Path Number.
This number is derived from your birth date and indicates your ultimate life’s purpose. Knowing your Life Path Number gives you solid direction about what you’re meant to be doing in your life.
Yet also understand that what we came here to do will always be the most difficult thing for us to do. That’s why it takes a lifetime! Why would you sign up for a degree program where you’d already earned a Doctorate? You’re here to learn something new and your course requirements are revealed to you through your Life Path number.
Always know that the key themes of your Life Path number indicate exactly where you’ll experience challenges and difficulties throughout your life as you go about learning to acknowledge and master your life’s purpose.
First you need to know your Life Path Number. See how to calculate yours with the example below.
Calculate your Life Path number:
JULY 23, 1989
- JULY is the 7th month: = 7
- The day of birth is 23: 2 + 3 = 5
- The year of birth is 1989. Add all four numbers together: 1 + 9 + 8 + 9 = 27; continue adding until you get a one-digit number:
2 + 7 = 9
We now add the resulting single digits.
Month = 7 Day = 5 Year = 9
7 + 5 + 9 = 21
In Numerology, you always keep adding until you reach a one-digit number.
2 + 1 = 3
The Life Path Number is 3
3 LIFE PATH: The Communicator
Personal Mission: To Develop Expression and Sensitivity in Every Aspect of Your Life
The 3 Life Path enjoys performing and taking center stage, however you personally define this. You love creativity, communication, and connecting with people. The 3 energy is truly the energy of joie de vivre (the joy of life). If you’re working the constructive aspects of the Three energy, you’re connected with your emotions—and you have a lot of them. You communicate brilliantly and clearly. You consolidate information easily and know how to rework that information into new ideas. You embrace your brimming creative impulses with gusto.
You’re a natural writer, actor, counselor, or teacher. Any profession where you can present your ideas to an audience is right up your alley. You aren’t a 9-to-5 job person; you don’t necessarily work well under the supervision of others or within a rigid structure. Your mind moves so quickly that when someone is slow thinking you easily get frustrated. In communication, you’re usually direct and compassionate, yet if you’re still developing these skills, your tendency might be to become domineering and to state your thoughts and feelings bluntly, which is hard on those around you. You may end up regretting things you say, so contemplating what you want to communicate and how you want to say it—hopefully in a supportive way, with a little cushion underneath it —will be in your best interest.
This isn’t to say you shouldn’t communicate your feelings. Just the opposite. Many 3’s spend years learning to gauge that they even have emotions, and then they spend more years learning how to express them. One of your biggest obstacles is your intense self-doubt. Feelings of insecurity can stop you in your tracks and literally stun you into submission. While everyone experiences self-doubt at certain times in their lives, this is a ruling factor of your life when you’re on the 3 Life Path.
Avoid getting stuck over-analyzing or over thinking every single thing. You’ll mud wrestle with “analysis paralysis” over and over again. When you resort to that, you’ll drive yourself—and everyone else—crazy. When you experience these feelings, your best action is to take action, even when you feel paralyzed. Just moving through the doubt by taking one step beyond it will turn what used to be your biggest enemy into your personal house pet.
In relationships, you can be romantic and fiercely loyal. You have a tendency not to let go of past relationships. You mull them around in your head again and again, picking apart things said and done, what could’ve been and what wasn’t. You level blame on yourself and on others. You tend to obsess over the smallest emotional hooks that bog you in a pool of cynicism or emotional defeat. When you find yourself grinding over an issue and shredding it into a pile of goo on the floor (so to speak), your best solution is just to leave it alone. Just stop. If it’s really vital and needing your input, it’ll come back into play for you when it’s less emotionally charged.
You’re a natural counselor who sees potential in others, so you might choose a partner who is a “patient” that you think you can save or fix, either consciously or unconsciously. When you can’t, this will lead to depression, which is your malaise of choice. Number 3 Life Paths make the best manic-depressives, experiencing extreme highs and lows. If you’re not using your talents, you’ll experience mood swings. When you realize that your journey is an emotional one, you can learn how to manage the ups and downs more effectively. You must be careful about with whom you spend your time because you will attract “takers” if you aren’t careful. You must learn to walk away from relationships unbalanced in this specific way.
Overall, you can be the life of the party: clever, witty, the clown, entertaining, and good company. You make a great host or hostess and people feel nurtured and comfortable around you. You make it all look so easy.
In fact, one of the pressures of the 3 Life Path is that you’re so good at everything you do you have a difficult time choosing what to focus on. Sometimes you have difficulties following through on plans. You may observe that you just can’t decide how to direct your energy and become scattered and ultimately depressed and ineffective at completing whatever you set out to do. So many ideas, so little time.
One of the reasons is that you can talk yourself out of virtually anything. You can find the tiniest fault with your “Big Idea” that stops you from proceeding past the fun part. You like fun and immediacy. Although you have a great amount of reserve and tenacity, you often spend it on other people and not on yourself. It’s not surprising to find many 3 Life Paths in entertainment, politics, or any other industry that requires expert communication skills, intellect, and a good sense of humor.
Common threads when a 3 Life Path is working with optimal energies are being dynamic, self-assured, joyful, emotionally balanced, expressive, and inspiring.
Your life purpose is to use your emotional sensitivity and self-expression to uplift and heal others.
3 LIFE PATH: Potential Challenges
Your potential challenges are:
- To confront issues of blocked or distorted expression, as well as emotional oversensitivity and self-doubt.
- To grapple with your tendency to see the negative side of things and dwell in negative forms of expression, such as whining, complaining, badmouthing, and criticizing.
- To know that when overwhelmed or feeling stifled, you may withdraw and “clam up,” which only serves to punish others for your inability to work through your own feelings.
- To acknowledge that you’re an emotional sponge to others’ feelings when they’re upset or being negative.
- To get past being a perennial student, eternally preparing, picking up advanced degrees and changing course, but never venturing into the marketplace or focusing on something specific, never fully committing yourself.
- To come to terms with the ways in which you are hypersensitive to criticism and often take even the smallest affronts personally.
- To work toward knowing that you tend to misrepresent your feelings and your needs to others and to yourself, which results in communication based on manipulation, hinting, withholding, or conniving instead of honest self-expression.
- To fully understand that you need to assert yourself and learn to express anger or aggressive energy constructively or else you’ll remain inhibited or frustrated in manifesting the full range of your powers.
- To realize that a common scenario for a 3 Life Path who has been emotionally wounded early in life is not to allow yourself to step into your path and embrace your creative self-expression. If you were emotionally wounded as a child, you probably don’t feel worthy of embracing your emotions and acting on your creative impulses. If this is the case, you’re prone to serious depression and illness because you haven’t moved through your fear.
3 LIFE PATH: Strengths to Develop
- Embrace the fact that you’re here expressly to be a portal of emotional self-expression. You’re at your best when you locate and share your authentic feelings honestly and directly while encouraging others to do the same.
- You’re a fountain of emotional sensitivity, therefore you’re great at tuning into other people’s emotional state quickly and accurately. Most people aren’t as acute as you are at reading people’s wants and needs, so you’re often disappointed that others aren’t as adept at intuiting what you need from them. This means you need to clearly express how you feel and what you need, even if you think the other person should know it already.
- Because you’re a quick study and master skills easily, you have a tendency to underplay your many strengths. Understand that things you can accomplish easily (and you think everyone else finds easy too) aren’t easy for everyone. Since many things come easily to you, it’s best if you learn to pare down your focus and commit to going through the steps to fully manifest one thing at a time.
- You’re a highly-energized person full of knowledge, creativity, and ideas galore. The only thing standing in your way is you, when you succumb to the forces of self-doubt. To avoid emotional paralysis, keep in mind that taking one small step toward your goal will peel away the doubt and allow you to move forward.
- You’re smart. You have a highly charged brain and that leads you to over think virtually everything. Cut yourself some slack, have some fun, enjoy all aspects of your journey. All the bad stuff in your life prepares you by giving you a reservoir of knowledge and experience to help others on their own life journeys. Yours is the path of joy and happiness when you allow it.