8 Personal Year: It’s a Power Year, Baby!
A Personal Year Cycle is a nine-year-long cycle. Depending on where you are in your cycle, your Personal Year Number could be a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or a 9. After 9, you’ll cycle back to 1 again. Each Personal Year Number has different qualities to it. Once you become familiar with the defining qualities of each of the numbers 1 – 9 you can begin to apply the core elements of the numbers everywhere they show up, including the various cycles you experience.
Also note that the Personal Year Cycle runs from January 1 – December 31—not from birthday to birthday, even though I find that the energy related to your Personal Year intensifies around your birthday.
Having knowledge of the number of the Personal Year that you’re in will help you establish a framework for your activities that responds to the basic energy of that number. Knowing your Personal Year Number will offer you shortcuts for making decisions that can make your life easier, more productive, and ultimately happier.
At the very least, knowing your Personal Year Number in a given year offers you an overarching idea about the arena you’ll be engaged with during that specific year. I like to associate it with “knowing the theme to your party!” The great thing about knowing where you are in your Personal Year Cycle is that you can forecast and allow yourself to work with the energy of the year rather than against it. Know your theme and you’ll find that you have much more success throughout the year. Or at least you’ll be able to extract deeper meaning about why things are happening they way they’re happening.
CALCULATE THE PERSONAL YEAR
Take the date of birth: December 31, 1986
Use only the MONTH and DAY:
Month is 12, 1+2 = 3
Day is 31, 3+1 = 4
Then use the CURRENT YEAR.
2017 = 2 + 0 + 1 + 7 = 10; 1 + 0 = 1
Now add the month, day, and current year together.
3 (Month) + 4 (Day) + 1 (2017) = 8
In this example, you’re experiencing an 8 Personal Year.
It’s a power year, baby! This is the time to focus on money, finances, and personal power. Just fair warning: This is the first year of a three-year “push” time. This is the start to a period of intensity focusing first on your financial health and personal sense of empowerment. Next year is the end of a cycle and the year after will be the start of a new cycle. So this year is setting the groundwork.
It’s a testing year—you’ll be tested first and foremost in the realm of personal empowerment. Meaning, you’ll need to stand up for yourself in a strong yet heart-centered way. Time to hit the ground running and focus your actions and energies on creating the financial abundance you want.
It’s a year where you can experience big financial ups and downs, so be prepared to tap into your resilience. You’ll be in work overdrive and also be handed opportunities testing your personal power. Not once. Not twice. But over and over again all year long. The energy of the 8 is an amplifier—it amps up whatever it comes in contact with so take extra care to clean up your thoughts and follow up your intentions with action. This is truly a time to get laser-focused about what you want and how you want to get there.
Get ready for a marathon—not a sprint—because your 8 Personal Year can present itself as your rather strict personal trainer who has your best interest at heart, even though it doesn’t feel like it! When you’re done with the year, you’ll be ripped, strong, and in the best shape of your life if you follow your trainer’s program. Remember to take breaks and pace yourself so your health doesn’t suffer. Otherwise you’re bound to experience burn out.
This energy is truly intense and will bring up very real, deep issues related to your sense of empowerment and demand that you deal with them. You’ll benefit from understanding right out of the chute that this isn’t going to be an easy-breezy year. It’s going to be demanding.
Remember that the energy this year, next, and the year after is focused on empowerment, transformation, and then new beginnings. This is often a career-focused time and yet relationships of all kinds come under scrutiny this year insofar as where you’re empowered and where you’re disempowered.
Is there an imbalance in your relationships—either intimate, family or work-related? Are you a bully, enabler, or dominating? Or are you submissive, docile, and acquiescing? This is a time where healthy balance will become priority. The energy of the 8 demands that you step up or get stepped on. It also challenges you to become the “CEO” of your life while also maintaining your humanity.
Benefits of the 8 Personal Year
- You’ll feel powerful and dynamic.
- You’ll feel empowered when you’re in a position of “reaping what you have sown.” This is a year of great rewards or huge disappointments, depending on the seeds you’ve planted in the previous years.
- You’ll have success when you embrace the idea that money is a tool that can be used for the betterment of both yourself and for other people.
- You’ll have the opportunity to use your intense power in whatever manner you choose; so choose wisely.
- You’ll feel busy, directed, and ready to do whatever it takes to get things accomplished.
Challenges during the 8 Personal Year
- Be aware that this can be a year of testing. You’ll be tested in the realms of leadership, integrity, expansive thinking, and patience.
- Protect yourself from being a “bull-dozer” this year. You’ll feel like you know what to do and how to get it done, yet you must also work with others and be open to the idea that other people might have good ideas that’ll help you out.
- Be prepared for defaulting into your intimidation mode. It’ll be easy to feel in a hurry and as though you are always on a deadline during the 8 Personal Year. Understand that while you’ll feel a fire underneath you, success will come more easily when you slow down enough to focus and respect other people in the process.