A Personal Year Cycle is a nine-year-long cycle. Depending on where you are in your cycle, your Personal Year Number could be a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or a 9. After 9, you’ll cycle back to 1 again. Each Personal Year Number has different qualities to it. Once you become familiar with the defining qualities of each of the numbers 1 – 9 you can begin to apply the core elements of the numbers everywhere they show up, including the various cycles you experience. Also note that the Personal Year Cycle runs from January 1 – December 31—not from birthday to birthday, even though I find that the energy related to your Personal Year intensifies around your birthday.
Having knowledge of the number of the Personal Year that you’re in will help you establish a framework for your activities that responds to the basic energy of that number. Knowing your Personal Year Number will offer you shortcuts for making decisions that can make your life easier, more productive, and ultimately happier. At the very least, knowing your Personal Year Number in a given year offers you an overarching idea about the arena you’ll be engaged with during that specific year. I like to associate it with “knowing the theme to your party!” The great thing about knowing where you are in your Personal Year Cycle is that you can forecast and allow yourself to work with the energy of the year rather than against it. Know your theme and you’ll find that you have much more success throughout the year. Or at least you’ll be able to extract deeper meaning about why things are happening they way they’re happening.
Calculate the Personal Year
Take the date of birth: October 17, 1990
Use only the MONTH and DAY:
October is 10: 1 + 0 = 1
Day is 17: 1 + 7 = 8
Then use the CURRENT YEAR.
2017 = 2 + 0 + 1 + 7 = 10; 1 + 0 = 1
Now add the month, day, and current year together.
1 + 8 + 1 = 10 and then 1 + 0 = 1
In this example, you’re experiencing a 1 Personal Year.
1 Personal Year
This is a year of new beginnings, independence, initiation, and achievement. It holds more clarity than last year and is the start of a new nine-year cycle. It’s time to plant the seeds for what you want to see grow and mature during the next nine-year cycle. Don’t waste it with frivolous activities or useless relationships. It can be a somewhat lonely year with feelings that a lot rests on your shoulders and only you can get it done—without help from others. And that’s true. Yet remember, there’s a difference between solitary pursuits based in healthy independence and being alone. Independence is your mantra. This is the year to begin with as much of a clean slate as you possibly can. If any unfinished business is leftover from your transitional 9 Personal Year, those “loose ends” will need to be concluded before you can fully engage in the magic of the initiating energy of the 1. You’ll be challenged with stepping into your individuality and fully manifesting your independence. The more you can connect with the unique off-the-beaten path aspects of yourself, the more successful you’ll be. Know there will be failures, yet the year’s designed to teach you some accelerated lessons in self-esteem, trusting yourself, and trusting your creativity. The 1 Personal Year is often a career-driven time where you’ll be challenged to make substantial advances in this arena of your life. This is a rather hard-driving time where you’ll be working intensely on getting your ducks in a row and following up with action, action, and more action. This is a time where relationships can flourish and yet often take a back seat to other matters—particularly career advancement. The theme for you and relationships resides in finding your sense of independence and individuality within your relationships in a balanced and healthy way. It’s a year where you’ll be met with opportunities to define and create your independence on all levels—when you’ll be tested with relationships that are enmeshed, co-dependent or where you are the “enabler” or the “enablee.” You’ll benefit from the initiating energy of the year when you focus with clarity on longer-range goals while also being nimble enough to take some calculated risks and tap into your pioneering spirit.
Benefits of the 1 Personal Year
- You’ll feel as though a weight has been lifted from you this year after the intensity of the just-finished 9 Personal Year.
- You’ll feel a new sense of clarity about the direction you want to take in your life.
- You’ll have renewed energy to move forward.
- You’ll have the opportunity to tap into your unique vision for your future.
- You’ll feel as though you have a fresh start in your life.
Potential Challenges during the 1 Personal Year
- Be aware that you’ll feel as though whatever you’re doing, you have to do it all by yourself. There’s a feeling of isolation and of having to “go it alone.” This is part of the energy of the 1 Personal Year. It’s an opportunity to develop mastery over how you’re building and creating the next segment of your life.
- Protect yourself from low self-esteem by renewing your skill set and reminding yourself of your successes and the different ways you’ve continuously overcome adversity.
- Be prepared to default into a confrontational mode so that when you do, you recognize it and move past it quickly. You’re being asked to define your identity and follow a unique vision; therefore you’ll encounter many tests involving strength and courage.